Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Sew Mama Sew Spectacular Softies Contest Submission

One of my favorite blogs, Sew Mama Sew, recently opened up their Spectacular Softies Contest where contestants create their own softie or plush toy and try to win a Pfaff Creative 3.0 sewing machine.

This seemed like a good opportunity to re-enter the craft blogging world since I've been away for quite a while.

At first I thought about doing something along the Star Wars line, but that seemed a little overplayed. So in the spirit of not being overplayed, I decided that I was going to try to recreate something from a classic 80's movie, "Stripes".

I assume I will probably be the only one trying to recreate the EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle in all its softie glory.

Here was my inspiration.

 


 And here is what I came up with.



But just having the EM 50 didn't quite feel right, so I created softie versions of Bill Murray and Harold Ramis.

Here was my inspiration for my Harold Ramis softie.

File:Stripes 129.jpg 

And here he is.


And here was my Bill Murray inspiration.

 Bill Murray

And finally, I took a little liberty with the Bill Murray softie with the fabric I had on hand. I think I like his hair the best.


 I hope you all enjoy my 80's inspired soft toys. I really enjoyed making them.





Sew Mama Sew


1 comment: