Monday, July 16, 2012

Simplicity 2911 Purse 2.0 Version

Yesterday I posted about my 1.0 version of Simplicity's purse pattern number 2911.


I wasn't entirely pleased with the location that I had chosen for the keychain holder, so I decided that I would make a second attempt at the pattern.

This time I went with a solid print material that I had gotten from Garden Ridge a while back. To spruce it up a little bit, I transferred the pattern of a sweet little bicycle and flowers onto the front of the bag and hand embroidered the pattern. I made sure to place the keychain holder a little off center so that it wouldn't interfere with the magnetic closure this time. I was also able to find a slightly larger keychain holder clasp that luckily matched the accent color of the lining fabric.

I hope that my friend likes this version of the purse as much as I liked making it for her.










No comments:

Post a Comment