Friday, October 26, 2012

Fleece Sock Tutorial

So I finally finished my next tutorial. I made a bunch of these socks for myself and my mother last year based on a free online pattern provided by Studio Cherie on Sew Mama Sew.




Unfortunately my mother and I both found that our feet were apparently wider than normal people's since the fleece felt tight around the top of our ankles. So I decided that I was going to try to use her pattern as a beginning spot and tweak it to fit our big footed needs.

This tutorial is what I came up with. It provides a little more wiggle room around the ankles, and the toes are more universal than the original pattern called for. I also added options to choose various sizes from women's size 6 all the way up to women's size 11 (I have HUGE feet).

Here is a link to a video on how to pin the pieces of the socks together, just in case you need help with that part.

I hope you all enjoy this pattern and use it to make your own super warm, super comfy fleece socks to use this winter.

Get the tutorial here.

Too Much Time On My Hands







6 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through Pinterest, while looking for sock sewing patterns. I've just put a link to your blog on my blog after making a pair from your pattern. I was really pleased with them - although they were a bit big and I had to down size them. I made them from an old t-shirt (which was partly why they were too big) So thanks for putting that pattern up - cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your post. I also used the original post from studioCherie to sew some socks only to realize that they were too small. I have adjusted the pattern as well to make the ankles bigger. I am happy that I am not the only one with a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pattern, but would like to shrink it down to fit children's sizes. Can you help?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Size 11 is NOT huge :-) I wear 12 wide and dd wears 13. Thanks for the tutorial. We are tall and need some width in our ankles to hold us up LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wear a ladies size 12. Not huge for me at 5'10". Just in proportion. Now our son wears a men's size 16. Also in proportion for him at 6'9". I sized up a pair of fleece socks for him using some math and the copier.

    ReplyDelete